HAPPY NEW YEAR!
As we leave 2022 behind and look forward to better days in 2023 we still have many things to be grateful for as a Parish Family. Despite all the financial uncertainty and the constant threat of the re-emergence of Covid, we are blessed with many parishioners and friends who generously gave of their time and talent to keep our Parish motoring along – for this we are eternally grateful. How many ways can a faith community say thank you to so many people?
- Sacristans: They arrive early and set up for the liturgy. They are so efficient we hardly notice them; and they clean up and close up! Also, for those who support our sacristans – who wash and iron; clean and repair; who quietly, behind the scenes, keep everything ready and working…Merci
- Music Ministry: Where would our liturgy be without music? If it is true that to sing is to pray twice then we particularly thank all our musical volunteers for leading us throughout the year… Danke
- Liturgical Ministers: From those who proclaim the Word of God to those who serve at the Altar of God, we are blessed. Thank you also to all who are commissioned from our Sunday Masses to take Holy Communion to those who cannot be with us to celebrate the Eucharist – you powerfully remind us of how big God’s family is! Xièxiè
- Church Environment Decorators: We don’t take for granted the creative artists/decorators who add colour and verve to the ambience of the liturgical space. They wake us up to the different feel and texture of the liturgy as our senses are alerted to the mystery we are about to celebrate…Grazie
- Technology & Communication: Our parish has moved with the flow of current technology. From the creation of our new parish website to those who volunteer with our PowerPoints each Sunday…Gràcias
- And you: Who, like St Joseph, quietly support and encourage, who trust enough to build up and not tear down, who are prepared to be part of the great drama of faith and parish life – may the blessings of the Christ Child be with you and yours as together we all embark on the great adventure of 2023.
Gluten-free hosts are available. To arrange, simply contact the sacristan or coordinator before Mass. The priest will always distribute the gluten free host at communion.
The next Baptismal Preparation meeting will be on Thursday 2nd of February at 6.00pm, at Stella Maris Church. At this short meeting we explain the significance of the symbols used in the sacrament, answer any questions and complete relevant paperwork. For more information please contact the Parish Office after the 9th of January.
For those who were unable to sign up or attend our information session last Thursday there is still time to join. Please speak to Fr William.
Parish Office Closure
To take advantage of the post Christmas period and to allow our administrative staff some of their annual leave, the Parish Office will be closed until the 9 January. In case of a pastoral emergency you can always contact a priest through the emergency number 0455 325 098.